Communication difficulties can have a significant impact on your personal, social and working life. You may experience problems communicating for a variety of reasons and symptoms may include slurring of speech, difficulties finding the right words, challenges participating in conversations or understanding the environment around you.
We have experience working with a wide range of conditions, including:
- Progressive Neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosisand Motor Neurone Disease
- Brain injury
- Oral or facial injuries
What we offer:
- An initial assessment. This is to build a picture of the communication difficulties being faced by the client. An overview of initial findings and preliminary recommendations will be provided where possible. Options for potential speech therapy can then be discussed with the client.
- Comprehensive reports.
- Client centred goal setting.
- Tailor-made therapy to suit the individual. Session numbers and length adapted to suit the client’s needs.
- Evidence based techniques.
- Alternative Augmentative Communication (AAC) as appropriate.
- Support to clients, and those around them, in understanding their communication difficulties.